The Ice-Eater is a unique method to reduce existing ice sheets and prevent further ice build-up within its zone of influence. Use the ice-eater to protect docks, marinas, waterfront structures, barges, water intakes, boat houses, piers, dam, pump intakes, and many more applications.
The Ice Eater provides more upward thrust & draws warmer water from greater depths than other conventional de-icers. Ice Eater deicers are designed to be used in the harsh Canadian climate and are used across Canada.
The units are hung from the end of the dock, a boat house or any structure about 3 feet under the surface and can be pointed up for a large round opening. They can also be suspended at an angle to make an elongated ice opening for a boat or waterway or any structure. Used in freshwater or salt water by adding an anode.
By de-icing and keeping an opening in the ice the Ice Eater also allows oxygen to enter and be absorb in the water and helps sustain fisheries.
Ice Eater is shipped complete with suspension lines and shackles. Therefore, it can be taken out of the box, hung from a boat, dock, or pier and plugged in.
Unlike other de-icing units, Ice Eater requires no additional hardware to obtain the desired de-icing pattern. Just move a shackle from one hole to another hole on the top rim, and you can quickly change the angle the Ice Eater is suspended at.
The average operating depth of the Ice Eater is between two and three feet, but for best performance, ensure there is at least one foot between the Ice Eater and the seabed.
- Custom Designed and Engineered for maximum efficiency and performance in all climates.
- Agitates more fresh-water & salt-water than any other de-icer on the market.
- Patented heavy duty PVC Venturi Housing designed for superior water flow and protection of the motor and propeller
- Bronze End-bell ensures a long life without cracking or warping.
- Quick Disconnect Power Cord allows for easy replacement.
- Environmentally Friendly Dielectric Lubricating Fluid is non-toxic and biodegradable.
- 3-Year Warranty – Best Warranty in the Industry
Also available are our Ice Eater heavy duty easy installation dock mount. The dock mount has several different angle settings and can be mounted vertically or horizontally.